Monday 18 November 2013

Experimenting with video on a possible Glaucoma genus micro-critter


On my second day of experimentation I've finally figured out how to set the white balance for video mode. It turns out that video white balance is set separately from digital stills WB. Next up will be the onerous task of trying to figure out what exactly the real colours seen through the eyepiece are. I ended up taking four separate videos, all of which turned out much better than previous attempts. However, they would all benefit from some artistic, or is that ruthless, editing so I'm only going to upload one here. The organism, a possible member of the Glaucoma genus, expelled a small portion of it's body interior just prior to taking the above shot. The contractile vacuole is still partially distended as a result of that expulsion. Not sure what was happening there and I wish I had caught it on video.

The one video I'm going to post here just shows a slow moving ciliate but displays quite nicely the operation of the contractile vacuole.



No comments:

Post a Comment