Sunday 17 November 2013

Rotifer deli...

I just threw together the new (old) Leitz, the new (old model) Canon T3i and a water sample with a few bdelloid rotifers and tried out the new video capability of my setup. This first video was shot in HD and features a resting rotifer that is not at all shy about sharing the details of her innards with observers at large.





This second video was shot at a resolution of 640 x 480. It features a group of bdelloid chicks hanging out at a detritus bar. If you look closely at the stomach area of the first rotifer you'll be able to make a diatom that was recently ingested.



These first attempts have captured my interest and I hope to do more soon. I've seen several interesting events in the last week or so, unfortunately before I had the camera. So for now I've got to keep looking and hopefully something special will pop up in my oculars. I'll also keep working on cleaning up the images and getting rid of the color cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment